Tuesday 17 November 2015

Thoughts on Wearing Black....

The colour black comes and goes in fashion, with some idiot, I mean, passionate person declaring that black is either "in" or really "out". Who cares what they say?

Black is a great colour to wear for just about any occasion, event, outing, or place. It lets the wearer stand out rather than the colour they are wearing.

Don't get me wrong, wearing colour can be beautiful, happy, and stylish.....but I prefer the quieter shades of black, charcoal and blue, with black being the forerunner (in my personal wardrobe)
I am fortunate that the colour works well with my skin tone and hair colour, which is now almost completely grown out from years of colouring....shades of grey and silver and a little bit of dark brown.

Black is precise. It is quiet. It makes a statement but not an in-your-face statement. It goes from morning to night and is rarely the wrong choice. One of the few exceptions, in my opinion, is Mother of the Bride or Groom....they shouldn't wear black unless they have been instructed to by the bride; then it's OK too.


The reason for this long-winded message from Tattered Rose, I suppose, is to let everyone know that we have a lot of beautiful black clothing, accessories & jewellery in the store right now.......in all kinds of fabrics and styles.


And it's not even Black Cat Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment