Friday 20 November 2015

Please Shop Local

Shopping local makes so much sense to me, I suppose I am more aware than the average shopper because I own a local small business (retail store)

It is so true that if we all strive to spend more of our $$ right here where we live, rather than send the money to China or somewhere else, we improve our own economy, lives and retail landscape.

I know many of you like to shop online, in your p.j.'s. But if you make a small effort to get out to some of the local shops (and I don't mean the big chain stores in malls) but the the small businesses that are operated by a family or even a single person....they have put their hearts & souls into creating a little oasis from the world for you to peruse.

As small business owners, we are closer to the pulse of what's happening and try our best to bring you interesting items that you might want. It's no easy task to forsee what you might be looking for but we do a pretty great job of it.

You can touch and feel, try on the clothing and look in the mirror to see if it suits your body shape and skin tone. I am always honest with my customers about what looks good on them and what is not so good.

Then, you can have your purchases wrapped and placed in a bag that you get to carry out of the store with you. And there's the getting home and unwrapping your purchases and you can feel good that you have helped to support the local economy and the people who work and live around you.

I know I'd much rather shop in quaint little independently owned shops and have personal service and conversation than to buy from a faceless online seller who is somewhere else, supporting their own agenda and economy.

Let's all try to spend just a bit more of our time & money finding things right here in our own beautiful city. Makes for a much more interesting city to be in, I think.

Happy shopping....and to all of my wonderful, loyal customers who make a point of shopping at Tattered Rose...thank you from the bottom of my heart♥

No comments:

Post a Comment