Monday 16 March 2020

Addressing the Virus Pandemic

It seems (to me) that there is always something scary we are facing....and the media is part of the scariest thing about that. In my own efforts to feel happy, I avoid watching the news to any great extent. I am aware of enough things going on, thanks to Facebook and the people in my life, but I do not need to know every bad thing that is going on the world for fear that I will never feel happy again. 

My thoughts are that much of what the media reports is the worst of the worst news....bad things that happen to people, animals. They want your attention and it seems that negative news gets much more attention than good news.

And then, along comes the Corona virus....and the world is in panic mode.

It is impossible to escape the fear and panic spreading around the world. Everywhere you turn, it is there being talked about, warned about, and we are constantly being bombarded with new, scary information about countries where the virus is rampant.

Then you hear about the people who are hoarding basic necessities such as toilet paper, to name one. This creates panic in even the most logical, calm people because it makes you feel like you had better jump on the bandwagon and stock up on anything you can get your hands on....except for toilet paper. There is none to be found in any of the stores I have been to....and I am not there to hoard it, merely to buy some.

Panic is happening around the world and I, for one, am trying very hard not to all into that trap. I don't want to shut myself in my home until this thing passes. So I choose to carry on with life and business, just being a bit more careful that usual.

This is a serious matter but it doesn't have to shut down the whole world.
Stay away from big crowds.
Wash your hands diligently, especially after being out in public and before you touch your face.
Be cautious and careful but don't let this thing take away every moment of happiness that life has to offer.

I wish I could say we are all in this together but there are those, like the hoarders of essentials like hand sanitizer and TP, who are in it for themselves and/or to profit from the fear of others.

For the rest of us who are reasonable, caring human beings.....carry on carefully but please don't let unreasonable fear take hold of you.

As far as Tattered Rose the bricks and mortar store.....we will be extra diligent in cleaning the front door, counters, and any other surfaces that might be touched by customers. We want you to feel safe and calm.

On that note.....because the store is closed today, I am going to give my cats a hug, listen to one more song on YouTube and then get out there to take care of business. Then, later, I will have a cat nap and get some things done around the house. In other words, carry on as usual with a bit more care and diligence.

Stay safe...........♥


No comments:

Post a Comment