Sunday 5 January 2020

Inspired by Little Women

As a clothing designer, I am inspired daily by seemingly minor details, shapes, images and of course, movies.

The day after New Year's day, even though I was still not feeling 100% after my bout with a nasty flu, I dragged myself out to see the latest version of "Little Women"......a story originally written by Louisa May Alcott in 1869. It is a rich and intricate story about 4 sisters living with their Mother during a time of strife.

I loved the clothing they wore in the movie, with each sister having her own unique style. The spunky writer, Jo, was the most like Tattered Rose, with her long skirts and fem-masculine style long jackets....I found myself re-imagining how garments we already have in the store could be put together in ways that Jo would wear them.

Stay tuned for more of our cross between Victorian Gypsy and Prairie Girl Writer inspired outfits and items.




No comments:

Post a Comment