Wednesday 23 October 2019

A Customer's Question...


Someone walked into the shop a few days ago for the first time. She was very surprised (pleasantly, I think) that such a store existed and it was in Edmonton, of all places.
She looked around for half a minute, trying to soak in the visual effect of Tattered Rose and asked me "How would you describe your store?

For the first time ever (giving this answer) I replied without hesitation "Somewhere between 'Gone With the Wind'' and 'Chanel'...."

It may not make a lot of sense but she seemed to get what I meant. And for a top of my head explanation, I thought it was OK.

The clothing and accessories we sell are inspired by the past but also the present. Some things have ruffles and lace while other items have clean lines that evoke minimalism with a twist....there should always be a twist.

Everything is urban romantic in some way. We don't ever want our customers to feel like they are walking around in a costume. That just wouldn't be fittin'

No comments:

Post a Comment