Friday 2 June 2017

It's Friday....let's chat.

Before I opened my first store, I knew that I wanted it to be different from any other store; otherwise, why bother?

And so, from the mid 1990's until today, everything has been geared towards that end...sometimes intentional, sometimes not....it just happens because my store is always an extension of myself, my likes and design aesthetic. I can't help that.


Tattered Rose is unlike any other shop I have been into. It's not for everyone and I am certainly not to everyone's taste. I am a goofball at times. I take my business and customers very seriously but I always like to inject a bit of humour into everything I do in the shop and for my business because THAT is who I am.

I am opinionated. If I love something you are trying on, I may gasp with delight and an "Oh my Gawd!". Conversely, if something doesn't look the best on you, I will tell you so, whether it is the colour or style or something else. I must be honest. It is how I operate my life and my business and the two are forever intertwined.

If a business isn't personal, it is not my kind of business.
The clothing we sell at Tattered Rose is meaningful. Sure, I got sidetracked by trying to being in less expensive clothing but that's not where my heart is.


I want the clothing in the shop to evoke a memory of times gone by but still relevant for today....to be meaningful to each customer who buys a piece of clothing because it is SO them. 

The displays, colours and textures must be a feast for the eyes and the touch of the hand. It must make you feel like the most romantic version of yourself. Don't be afraid to be different from others if it feels right in your heart. You can never go wrong that way.

On that note, I say "see you soon" because if you were in the shop recently, I look forward to seeing you again...to share my vision of beauty with you because we will always have that in common.

If you haven't been in for a while, I probably miss you more than you know....and it's not about the money. I miss talking to you and sharing a laugh or two, hearing your stories or learning something new from you. I worry about my customers.....really, I do.

It's NOT just business for me...it is very personal.

Thank you to all of our customers: past, present & future.


With love,
Tattered Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment