Monday 18 May 2015

Fragments of Tattered Rose







There are times when someone in the store will utter the words "your store reminds me of a store in------", whatever place they name.

Only once did I ever follow up when a customer told me of a store in a small town that was exactly the same as Tattered Rose.
I made  a point of driving to that small town to see for myself, the supposed twin store of Tattered Rose. I was nervous and feared the worst: that there was another store like mine (whether by chance or on purpose). I'm sure every shop owner likes to think that they have created something unique, out of their own creativity and vision.

As I entered the small shop, I was relieved to find that it was nothing like Tattered Rose...no romantic, vintage-inspired clothing or jewellery.....no one-of-a-kind, hand-dyed clothing designs.....none of the elements that make TR special.  I can say that about my own store because I have heard it from customers thousands of times over the years.....and I am not one to toot my own horn, except in rare cases, like now. I could understand, however, why this person thought the store was like TR.....there was some clothing that had lace and they did have mannequins and other bits and pieces......certainly nice enough for their customers.

Edmonton is a city that doesn't seem to support individual boutiques very well. I have heard of so many of them closing after being open for a short time or even a long time.

So, Tattered Rose keeps plugging away, trying to offer things that no one else sells and present them in a way that no other store does.

We try and we do this all for you, our customers, past present and future.  We want to share with you our love of vintage textiles and designs.....we want to help you realize your inner dream of wearing romantic, feminine clothing. We are here to help you.....and we strive to do our very best. It is always nice when we are appreciated for our efforts................so, Thank you for your continuing support of our unique little boutique♥

No comments:

Post a Comment