Monday 20 April 2015

Prairie Romance at Tattered Rose

As many of you know, Tattered Rose got it's start as a spin-off of the western store I began with in 1995, called "Way Out West".....and yes, I wore western hats now and then. I also wore cowboy boots long before I ever knew I was going to have my own shop.

I have always been drawn to the west.....I remember when I was a young girl, maybe 10 or 12 years old, wanting a fringed suede jacket so badly one summer. I found the perfect one in a store in town and tried to save the money to buy it. By the time I had saved enough, the jacket I wanted was gone.....gone with the wind.

Now that I am older and wiser and have my own shop, I STILL love fringed jackets and romantic western clothing.....and we do have that influence in Tattered Rose....even though we are not a western store. And I own a black suede fringed jacket that I never get to wear......don't know why, except that I really love the warm brown fringed jackets best and I cannot wear that colour (makes me look greenish)

This Spring, with the 70's references  everywhere, we can't help but be caught up in the excitement of the western look of that decade.....we always have it, just not as obviously as this season.
If you're feeling the need to have some 70's romance in your life, come in and find your own piece of history to wear. We have skirts and t-shirts and fringed suede jackets (yes!) and dresses that refer to the 1970's but in a modern way that will fit into your existing wardrobe.

No comments:

Post a Comment